This Peanut Butter Pie is another one of our quick and easy, tasty snacks that you are going to love. All you need is a mixing bowl, there is no baking involved, so why not get the children involved in making this tasty Peanut Butter Pie. Not only does this look great… it tastes delicious.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Chilling time: 4 hours
Makes 8-12 slices, depending on how generous you are when cutting them.
300g coco pops cereal (other brands will work just as well)
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp white sugar (or equivalent granulated sweetener)
¼ tsp salt
75g natural almond butter (add more to get the right texture)
225g natural peanut butter
75g chopped peanuts
50g maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with cling film, leaving enough excess to hang over the edges (to make the pie easy to lift out of the pan).
- For the crust: in a large bowl, stir together the rice cereal, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add the almond butter and stir until fully mixed… you may need to add more almond butter until all ingredients are covered.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie pan and press the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Using a cup with a flat bottom helps to firmly press the mixture together.
- Place the crust in the fridge for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- For the filling: mix together the peanut butter, powdered peanuts, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt until fully combined.
- Pour the filling into the firmed up pie crust and place back into the fridge for 2-4 hours until firm.
- Using the cling film overhang, life the pie out of the pie pan, slice into pieces and enjoy.
- Finish off the pie bu sprinkling chopped peanuts and chocolate chips around the edge. You can also drizzle chocolate and peanut butter over the pie to make it look stunning.
This tasty Peanut Butter Pie is best served chilled. It will keep fresh for a week if your keep it in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, why not try our other recipes… we post one every Saturday, giving you something to try over the weekend.
Please show us photos of you making or eating them and tag us in the photo. We love sharing these moments with you. Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and share this with someone you know who would love to try this Peanut Butter Pie.