This is another one of our quick and easy, tasty snacks that you are going to love. All you need is a food blender, there is no cooking involved, so why not get the children involved in making these Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes 20 individual balls, depending on how generous you are when forming them.
- 130g dates (pitted. If dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 Tbsp all-natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 40g dairy-free dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (or sub flax or hemp seeds)
- 85g gluten-free rolled oats
There is no cooking involved, making this a very quick and easy snack to create.
- Place the pitted dates in a food blender and pulse until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball.
- Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds, and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed. You can add more peanut butter until you get the perfect texture.
- Carefully roll into 1-inch balls (29-30 grams per ball), using the warmth of your hands to mould them together. Should make20 balls depending on how generous you are when forming them.
- To set, pop in the fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer-term storage.
The U perform Peanut Butter Cup Energy Bites will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, if stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, why not try our other recipes… we post one every Saturday, giving you something to try over the weekend.
Please show us photos of you making or eating them and tag us in the photo. We love sharing these moments with you. Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and share this with someone you know who would love to try these energy bites.