U Perform – Easter Hot Cross Bun Energy Balls
This is another one of our quick and easy, tasty snacks that you are going to love. All you need is a food blender, there is no cooking involved, so why not get the children involved in making this Easter treats.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Makes 20 individual balls, depending on how generous you are when forming them.
- 70g Ground almonds
- 70g Rolled oats
- 70g Desiccated coconut
- 1 ½ tsp Mixed spice
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground cloves
- 70g Sultanas
- 70g Mixed peal
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil (melted if solid)
- Orange juice
There is no cooking involved, making this a very quick and easy snack to create.
- Place all the dry ingredients in the blender and blitz until fairly fine.
- Add dried fruit and wet ingredients until the mixture comes together in a rough dough. Add the orange juice a little at a time to get the dough to the right consistency.
- Roll heaped teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
The U perform Easter Hot Cross Bun Energy Balls will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, if stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge.
If you like this recipe, why not try our other recipes… we post one every Saturday, giving you something to try over the weekend.
Please show us photos of you making or eating them and tag us in the photo. We love sharing these moments with you. Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and share this with someone you know who would love to try these energy balls.