Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes 20 individual balls, depending on how generous you are when forming them.
• 70g Pecans
• 20 Whole Pitted Dates roughly chopped
• 60g Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
• 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
• 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
• 1 pinch Salt
• 1 tbsp Water
There is no cooking involved, making this a very quick and easy snack to create.
• Place the pecans in the food blender and pulse until roughly chopped into small pieces.
• Place half of the shredded coconut in a small bowl and place it to one side for later.
• Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor. Turn the food processor on until very well mixed.
• The mixture needs to be moist enough to form into balls, but not too wet. You can add more water or coconut oil until you get the perfect texture.
• Using a tablespoon measure, spoon out mixture and use your hands to form into balls.
• Coat each ball in the shredded coconut that you placed in the small bowl.
• Place on a greaseproof paper-covered baking sheet and chill in the fridge for at least thirty minutes, until they harden.
• Store in the fridge in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to two weeks.
These U perform Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks, if stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge.
You can make this recipe nut-free if you replace the pecans with sunflower seeds. The balls are still really yummy.
If you like this recipe, why not try our other recipes… we post one every Saturday, giving you something to try over the weekend.
Please show us photos of you making or eating them and tag us in the photo. We love sharing these moments with you. Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below and share this with someone you know who would love to try these Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls.